The Wandering Llamas
LLama Hiking, Llama Packing, Hikes with Llamas, llama parties, tennessee llamas, Llama events
If you are looking for a delightful adventure for you and your family, then come and take an enchanting day hike with friendly pack llamas in the beautiful Smoky Mountains in Tennessee! We hike year 'round in the beautiful mountains of East Tennessee. Each season in our beautiful Smoky Mountains is picture perfect and will delight you!
Make special memories with your family and friends…hiking with llamas will be an unforgettable trip that you will treasure for a lifetime! You will be captivated by the stunning views and impressed with our friendly llamas who dont spit. You DO NOT ride the llamas-the llamas carry everything you need in special llama backpacks for a relaxing day and will keep you, your children and your friends entertained and fascinated all day long! It won't be long before you fall in "LlamaLlove". This is a slow, relaxed, quiet hike so that people can "de-stress". If you are looking for an "action-packed" hike, then this may not be for you...we take it slow and easy to unwind, relax and enjoy the quiet of nature.
"Those Who Wander are not Lost"
Our incredible llamas are also available for photo shoots, parties, weddings, events and "LlamaGrams". Imagine on your wedding day walking down the aisle with a fluffy llama at your side! Want something really special for your child's birthday party? Have a few cute llamas there to add to the enjoyment!
Anniversary? Let our llamas surprise your loved one with some roses and chocolates! Need to help promote your business? Hire a few llamas to attract attention to your company! We will help hand out brochures, coupons and promotional materials for you.
LLAMA TREK PRICES BELOW...
Llama Trekking-An exciting Lifetime Adventure!
Llama Trekking-An exciting Lifetime Adventure!
What our customers are saying...
"Being an over-protective mom, I was a little worried at first to see my 5-year old leading this huge animal, but he was SO gentle and well-behaved!"
"Wow, the views were magnificent and the llamas were so fun to walk ... we can't wait to come back for a return trip next year!"
"This was one of our most memorable vacations! We loved the llamas so much, we are thinking of getting a few of our own!"
"Our guide, Sandy, was so knowledgeable, patient and fun ...it made our llama trek even more special!"
"The trail was incredible! It reminded us of a cross between the "Wizard of Oz" and "The Sound of Music"…
even my kids were twirling around, singing, "the hills are alive…". It made for some great videos!"
"This was amazing! The llamas are precious and the FoxDen Treehouse was super cute. And the views!!! A total "WOW"!
MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS for the year NOW!
There are only a limited number of slots available, and in
PEAK months(May, June, July and Oct), they fill up fast!
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND AVAILABILITY:
Email: [email protected] (for quickest response)
Call: (423) 426-7626(sometimes Im out on the trail with no signal) Home Base: Greeneville, TN
LLAMA TREK PRICES:
Please contact us for availability/open dates BEFORE purchasing tickets...ALL hikes MUST be paid in full the day of booking.
NEW! FARM VISIT - $18+ tax ea. Come to the llama farm and mingle, play, photo and feed the llamas! We have new baby llamas!
2-HR LLAMA TREK (OFF THE FARM)- $69 + tax ea. A quiet, country road (Nov-March ONLY). (see OUR TRAILS page)
2-HR LLAMA TREK (ON TRAIL)- $75 + tax ea. A wooded, wilderness trail(year 'round, weather permitting). (see OUR TRAILS page).
2-HR NATURE PHOTO TREK (ON TRAIL)- $75 + tax ea. On trail nature photography hike. (see OUR TRAILS page).
3-HR WINE & CHEESE HIKE- $125 + tax ea. Llama Hike + Gourmet Cheese Charcuterie Board(in our gazebo)*Bring your own wine/beer.
THE FOXDEN TREEHOUSE- $158 + tax ea. One night in our cozy, glamping-style treehouse. (see OUR TREKS/TREEHOUSE page).
GAZEBO RENTAL- $100 per hr + tax ea. Parties, weddings, birthdays, group meetings, etc. (see OUR TREKS/TREEHOUSE page).
RENT-A-LLAMA - $400+tx. 2 Llamas plus handler for 2 hrs at your own special event! Weddings, parties, meetings, family get-togethers.
FOR RESERVATIONS, PLEASE GO TO PURCHASE TICKETS PAGE ...Please contact us for availability/open dates BEFORE purchasing tickets. ALL TICKETS SALES ARE FINAL. PAYMENT is DUE at the time of booking your reservation. We do NOT hold spots unless tickets have been purchased. THERE ARE NO REFUNDS if you cancel within 30 days after purchasing a ticket. You may reschedule at any time, as open spots allow.
The Wandering Llamas Believe Strongly in EcoTherapy & Animal Therapy
Working together, they create a powerful change in our brains! Hiking with animals aids in relaxation, reduces anxiety and stress, reduces negative thoughts and depression, helps to tune into ourselves and become more creative, boosts our brainpower by allowing in more oxygen, and releases endorphins to our brain. Hiking burns 400-700 calories per hour, so looking better and feeling better about yourself may boost your self-esteem, too! So, disconnect from technology and enjoy a llama hike with us ...
it's so much more than just a fun day outside!
1. We accept PayPal, Venmo, cash and checks ONLY. Cash may be paid IN ADVANCE in person within 24 hrs of the booking. NO cash or credit cards are accepted at the trailheads. Checks MUST be received within 5 days of the date of your booking. If check does not arrive within 5 days, your date will be placed back on the “Open and Available” list and you may lose your date. Checks should be made out to and mailed to Sandy Sgrillo/The Wandering Llamas, please contact us for the mailing address.
2. You may purchase tickets on our PURCHASE TICKETS page, after contacting us and deciding on a specific date that you want.
1. All ticket sales are FINAL. Payments will be refunded in full if the management of The Wandering Llamas finds it necessary to cancel your scheduled trek. This would only happen due to severe weather conditions or an unexpected, disruptive event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, such as Covid, etc.
2. NO REFUNDS if you cancel for any reason within 30 days of the reservation date.
3. NO REFUNDS if you or anyone in your party are more than 15 min late(from the start time) for your scheduled trek. We feel, out of courtesy, it is not fair for other trekkers to wait more than 15 min for lost or late trekkers.
4. NO REFUNDS for no-shows, late or lost hikers.
POLICIES FOR THE FOX DEN TREEHOUSE/DAMAGE DEPOSITS:
1. $100 REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT: There is a deposit of $100 which we hold until after you check-out. You will be refunded after an acceptable inspection after checkout. Unacceptable inspections may include anything broken, stolen, ripped, damaged, burned, human waste left in toilet(NOT in bags), toilet paper on the ground, mis-use of bathroom rules, excessive filth inside or outside the treehouse, damaged driveway, fencing, on-site structures and/or other issues.
2. Since this is a "Glamping Style" treehouse and outhouse, there may be bugs, insects, possums, raccoons, snakes, deer, coyotes, bats, bears, etc., and we cant refund you because you are frightened of them. It is to be expected in a glamping, wooded mountain setting...
1. If the weather is bad on your scheduled llama hike day, we will try to reschedule your hike on another day. If you cant make it on any other day, we will refund you in full.
1. We try to match up each hiker with one llama, however, on larger groups over 10 people, you will have to share a llama with another person. We charge PER PERSON, not per LLAMA.
2. If you do NOT want to share a llama, please request this in advance and we will set up a PRIVATE TREK for you IF WE ARE ABLE TO.
1. We have a VERY strict age limit! Sorry, NO children under 7, and NO elders over 70. No exceptions. NO babies in backpack carriers. We cover a lot of ground in a short time, so please make sure that your younger children are able to hike up to 2 miles and that they will not be afraid to walk in the creek waters(ankle to knee high). If the child cant complete the entire hike, u may carry them on your shoulders, BUT you cant also walk a llama, and a guide will take your llama for the remainder of the hike. NO children under 7 allowed at the FoxDen Treehouse.
1. Dogs are NOT allowed on the farm or at the Treehouse for overnight visits at this time.
2. Dogs ARE allowed on all llama HIKES under the following conditions: Dogs must remain on a sturdy leash at all times while on the llama hike, it must not bark, chase, scare or bite the llamas or people, and the person walking the dog cannot also walk a llama. Dogs are to be walked in the front of the llama herd string so that the llamas can see them. If any dog begins to behave with risk to llamas or people, you will be asked to leave with NO refund.